I've got another lovely recipe for you today...
Banana, brown sugar and pecan muffins, mmmm... (with a cheeky drizzle of maple syrup for good measure)
I cant seem to get enough of pecans lately.
Anything with them in, I'm there!
And the combo of banana with them and some maple syrup... droool!
I had a few bananas that had seen better days so rustled these up.
They're super yummy as a breakfast muffin.
Well, to be honest, an anytime muffin really,
but particularly nice for breakfast or elevenses with a cuppa.
(photos taken by me for use on loveprintstudio blog)
2 eggs lightly beaten
75g unsalted butter melted and cooled
125ml semi skimmed milk
250g self raising flour
1tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
115g brown sugar
50g porridge oats + extra for sprinkling
50g chopped pecans
Directions for 12 muffins...
* Preheat oven to gas mark 5 and line a muffin tin with cases
* In a bowl, mash the bananas and add the eggs, melted butter and milk and mix together
* Mix the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and a pinch of salt in a separate bowl
* Add the sugar, oats and pecans and mix together
* Make a well in the centre and add the banana mixture and stir until combined
* Spoon into the cases and sprinkle a few oats over the top
(here's where I added a little drizzle of maple syrup on top before going in the oven)
*Bake for 20-25 minutes
* Leave to cool for a few minutes and then...nibble!
x x x