Monday 30 December 2013

Mince pies...

This is my last post for 2013...
but I'll be back towards the end of next week with my first posts of 2014, yay!

What better note to finish on than with a foodie related post, right?
These are some pics of the mince pies I made just before Christmas. 
They look properly homemade don't they; mincemeat oozing out between the lids and bases, higgledy-piggledy pastry..but they tasted good and thats the main thing. 
I seem to remember my Dad happily munching down on three or four in one sitting on Christmas Eve!

The recipe I used was this was one right here by Paul Hollywood
His recipe for these pies is lovely; gorgeous sweet pastry, and the mincemeat filling is soo rich and yummy when it has the extra fruit and zest added to it, mmm.





Hope you all have a fabulous New Year!
See you on the other side...

x x x

SHARE:
Blog Design Created by pipdig