Tuesday 8 January 2013

Happy New Year...

Apologies for being a little belated in popping by to say 'Happy New Year', but believe me, this time last week, (and indeed the week before) I was in no fit state to do anything other than sit and watch endless back to back episodes of the Big Bang Theory and general Christmas/New Year entertainment, surrounded by tissues, lemsip, various cold and flu medicines and paracetamol. 
(urgh)

I was doing so well up until Boxing Day and then it hit me,
(and the entire family, before and throughout Christmas...) 
the dreaded norovirus... 
that soon put a stop to any merriment and enjoyment we were planning to have, big booooo!

I did however, enjoy the few days before that kicked in and managed to have a lovely day of baking on Christmas Eve and knocked up a lemon drizzle cake, some mince pies and my very first yule log. 
I was so proud of myself, first attempt at fancy icing too, and it turned out really well, 
(messy, but it was worth it) 
happy days...
I'll post a few photos soon.

Anyway, hope you all had a lovely Christmas and New Year?

Already so much to look forward to this year...
And thanks once again to all my lovely followers and I hope we continue meeting like this throughout 2013, Happy New Year!

So, now I'm feeling pretty much back to full health, I can now say...



x x x
SHARE:
Blog Design Created by pipdig