Friday 15 January 2016

On my bookshelf...A Dog Day

As you probably know, I'm a bit of a book magpie, and love nothing more than to surround myself with fabulous cooking books, beautifully illustrated childrens books, craft and interiors books, and generally just good reads!

So, new year, new blog feature, and I thought I'd share some of the little beauties on my bookshelf, new and old.
So, first up...

Written and illustrated by Emily Rand, 'A Dog Day' is the story of a dog who desperately wants to go to the park, but instead, is walked around the town doing errands with his owner.
No spoilers here but it all turns out well for our terrier friend in the end!

It's such a lovely book, beautifully illustrated and all done in tones of grey, black and white.
Emily has used some wonderful mark making and textures within her artwork, you'll want to look at every detail page after page.

Highly recommended!

You can buy the book here and here








(all photos above are taken by me for use on loveprintstudio blog 
and illustrations featured in 'A Dog Day' are copyright of Emily Rand)

x x x

SHARE:
Blog Design Created by pipdig