I made some lovely muffins recently, perfect for those mornings when you just want to grab something and get on with the day.
They're full of good stuff; bananas, blueberries, seeds, oats, wholemeal flour...
Here's a link to the original recipe.
I added in a few more blueberries, used pumpkin seeds, poppy seeds and flaxseeds on top and reduced the amount of cinnamon by half just because I don't like too strong a taste of cinnamon.
(image above copyright of louise/loveprintstudio blog)
* Makes 6/7 muffins *
(depending on the size of your muffin cases)
- 1 large egg
- 75ml natural/ greek yoghurt
- 25ml rapeseed/sunflower oil (whichever's preferred)
- 50g apple sauce
- 1 small ripe banana
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g wholemeal flour
- 25g rolled oats (can use gluten free if preferred)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 100g blueberries
- 2 tbsp seeds
- Heat oven to gas mark 4
- Line your muffin tin with 6/7 cases
- Mix together the egg, yoghurt, oil, apple sauce, banana, honey and vanilla in a jug
- Mix together the flour, oats, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon and blueberries in a bowl
- Pour the wet ingredients in the jug into the bowl of dry ingredients and mix to a batter
- Divide the mixture between the cases
- Bake for 25 mins or until a knife inserted comes out clean
- Leave to cool on a wire rack
x x x