I've got a lovely chocolate brownie recipe for you today...
I posted another brownie recipe a while back,
but these are a little fluffier and lighter in texture, and not sooo rich.
Which basically means you can eat more of them!
(can't be a bad thing can it? yum)
Here are a few photos of the little chocolate squares...
(photos taken by me for use on loveprintstudio blog)
Ingredients for the brownies
200g low fat cream cheese (I used light philadelphia)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
225g caster sugar
3 tbsp cocoa powder
100g self raising flour
50g chopped pecan nuts
1 tbsp milk
75g icing sugar
2 tbsp cocoa powder
pecan nuts, to decorate
Directions for one tray of chocolate fudge brownies (cuts into 16 small squares)
* Preheat oven to gas mark 4
* Lightly grease a 20cm square baking tin and line base
* Beat together the cream cheese, vanilla extract and 5 teaspoons of caster sugar until smooth, set aside.
* Beat the eggs and remaining caster sugar together until light and fluffy
* Place the butter and cocoa powder in a small pan and heat gently, stirring until the butter melts and the mixture combines, then stir it into the egg mixture
* Fold in the flour and nuts
* Pour half of the mixture into the tin and smooth the top
* Carefully spread the cheese mixture over it and then cover with the remaining chocolate mixture
* Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes
* Cool in baking tin
* For the frosting, melt the butter and the milk in a small saucepan
* Stir in the icing sugar and cocoa powder
* Spread the frosting over the brownies and decorate with pecan nuts
* Let the frosting set then cut into squares to serve
(recipe taken from 'The Big Book of One Pot')
x x x