Ok, so...if you only bake one thing this month, make it this!
It is super yummy!
I've made my fair share of blueberry muffins/ lemon and blueberry muffins/ lemon drizzle cakes, etc... (you get the idea)
but this is seriously, by far the nicest of them all.
It's a sweet breakfast bread that is basically like a big muffin!
I've included the ingredients for this Lemon blueberry muffin loaf on the first pic and the recipe I followed below all the photos.
You can also find the original recipe here if you prefer, as I made a couple of little tweaks to my loaf.
(tiny thing but couldn't resist adding some gorgeous lemon curd in the middle, mmm, but this did mean cutting back on the sugar).
It went down very well here, so hope you enjoy it too!
(photos taken by me for loveprintstudio blog)
Directions for one Lemon Blueberry muffin loaf...
* Preheat oven to gas mark 4
* Line loaf tin with a baking sheet
* In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt
* Add the blueberries and lemon zest and stir to combine
(be careful not to crush any of the blueberries whilst stirring, otherwise your loaf could look very purple inside when cooked)
*Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy
* Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition
* Add the yoghurt, then the dry ingredients, mixing until incorporated
* Scoop half the mixture into the prepared loaf tin and then dollop your lemon curd so it will run through the centre of each piece when cut
(a little strip of yumminess down the length of the loaf)
* Scoop the remaining mixture on top making sure the lemon curd is covered
* Bake for 1 hour 10 minutes, until golden brown
* Leave to cool for 10 minutes
x x x