Saturday 30 March 2013

Raspberry jelly roll...

As I'm sure you all know by now, my two big loves...food, and everything to do with design. 
Well, I'm lucky enough to do one of them as my day job, so in my spare time, I do the other! 
Happy days eh...
So, following my recent purchase (or two) of the hummingbird bakery cookbooks I made their lovely raspberry jelly roll.
(I openly admit to a 'slight' obsession with cook books, see picture below... obsessed much?!
You'll notice a clear favourite, the super amazing Jamie Oliver.
I just love them, the gorgeous food styling and photography, trying all the different recipes, discovering flavour combinations that make you go 'ooh' and 'aah'...anyway, I digress...)

As you can imagine, its not a particularly difficult thing to make apart from the separating eggs bit and then rolling the sponge and making sure it doesn't crack, but it is very yummy and can highly recommend it.

Next on the 'to bake' list, and currently in the oven as I type...pineapple upside down cake for an easter lunch tomorrow, mmmmm.

Heres a pic of my finished roll...



(told you...!)

x x x
SHARE:
Blog Design Created by pipdig