Friday 12 June 2015

Inspired by...Barbarian by Barbra Ignatiev

I recently came across Barbra Ignatiev's work on pinterest and was intrigued to see more of this super colourful, beautifully painted artwork, 
so off I popped, and a few clicks later...

Wow, wow, wow, soooo many gorgeous designs.

Working in watercolour, 
Barbra creates prints and patterns, 
using the most gorgeous colour palettes, and shares them on her website.

'Daily Colour' on her blog is where she posts daily wallpapers that you can download and use on your phone/ipad, etc..
(fyi, currently adorning my phone is no.67 palm trees)


There is a Society 6 shop too, where you can buy an abundance of items; leggings, t.shirts, mugs, tote bags, pillows and much much more, all featuring her beautiful prints.

I love how she describes her style; 
"flailing and carefree, I often tell people I aspire to paint like a 'sophisticated baby'. 
I think it's an accurate and quirky description of how I create"

Barbra manages to create a beautifully naive feel across all of her work; the loose brush strokes, the visible pencil marks underneath, just so lovely. 
With subject matter and themes ranging from horses, girls, florals, flamingoes, tropical foliage and make up, you'll be hard pushed not to love them.
Here are a few of my faves...












You can follow Barbra on pinterest and instagram

(all images above are copyright of Barbarian by Barbra Ignatiev)

x x x


SHARE:
Blog Design Created by pipdig